Tuesday, March 13, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Lunch Idea






Here is an early St. Patrick's Day Lunch to give you some ideas for Saturday :)

I made a Leprechaun Cheese Sandwich out of Whole Wheat bread cut with a glass into a circle. I carved the hat out of a piece of bread but you can also use food markers to first trace a shape and then cut it out with a vegetable knife. The shamrock is carved out of a Granny Smith apple. I traced it first with food markers and then carefully followed the lines with a knife and then gently lifted the skin off the apple. The rim of the hat is made from aforementioned apple and the belt buckle is a piece of Mango with a smaller piece of apple skin. I made the Leprechaun's eyes out of cheese and food marker and his hair and beard are carrot shavings. The only other thing I added were green grapes with shamrock bento picks and a fruit rainbow. I used thinly sliced strawberries, oranges, mango, green apple and blueberries. I only had two shamrock bento picks so I used shamrock shaped confetti I found at the supermarket to decorate the fruit rainbow.


I think it is cute and my kids are used to not eating any of the picks, so I can be sure they won't accidentally eat them ;)

I hope you got some ideas for making your own St. Paddy's Day Lunch and for more inspiration please hop over to BentOnBetterLunches and see her great lunch ideas. From there you can follow our St. Patrick's Day Blog Hop all the way back here :)




Enjoy and have an early Happy St. Patrick's Day!


P.P.S.: And for more Rainbow Fun follow the Rainbow to the Rainbow Conncetion and many more Rainbow Ideas :)

17 comments:

  1. I love your fruit rainbow! It's a good thing I forgot my carrots yesterday or we would have been linking very similar lunches. This is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out wonderful Nina! Love the leprechaun and the rainbow. :)
    The confetti picks are great too - so shiny and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love this lunch! The leprechaun sami is so cute and the fruit rainbow is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the colors in this lunch are so bright and beautiful! love the leprechaun too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sandwiches amaze me! This lunch is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your leprechaun really made me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! The leprechaun's hat is AWESOME! Such detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so cute! You did an amazing job :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable and SO artistic! Love :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The carrot hair is amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great and very colorful!!! Innovative Leprechaun Cheese Sandwich.

    St. Patrick’s Day Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your leprechaun is awesome! Love the fruity rainbow too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The teensy confetti "picks" are such a shiny happy touch :) Thanks for linking to the Rainbow Connection!

    ReplyDelete

 

Search This Site

Design Credits

Blog designed by Custom Blog Designs using Flergs' Inspired Memories Kit, Fonts courtesy of Kevin & Amanda.
I get the cutest handwriting fonts at Fonts for Peas! kevinandamanda.com/fonts