Friday, June 8, 2012

Car Bento

I am ending this week with one last rice bento. This time my son wanted a "Police Car Bento." I feel a lot more comfortable using cookie cutters then rice presses and so I thought of this after seeing this amazing bento from Daisy Selalu! Her blog is amazing. Please go and visit (:



I made fresh sushi rice and added just a little salt. I pressed the rice into a car cookie cutter I have and filled in the surrounding space with scrambled eggs before removing the cookie cutter. I added cucumber stars and red pepper flowers and nori detail to complete the top.
At the bottom are car shaped whole wheat bread sandwiches with Nutella and peanuts. I used this cutter and stamp set for the sandwiches. I really love it because it is so versatile :) We also packed Kefir in a reusable drink bottle today.

Happy Friday!

 

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love how you shaped the rice and eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful, fun lunches! Thanks for sharing on TGIF! Look forward to seeing you again later today =-)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :D Thank you Nina. ALL your bentos are lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Search This Site

Design Credits

Blog designed by Custom Blog Designs using Flergs' Inspired Memories Kit, Fonts courtesy of Kevin & Amanda.
I get the cutest handwriting fonts at Fonts for Peas! kevinandamanda.com/fonts