Thursday, October 4, 2012

World Animal Day Blog Hop

Today is World Animal Day and Bento Bloggers & Friends are having an exciting Blog Hop! 
We all picked a different animal to make today ~ click through the hop to see them all !

I picked a BEAR as my animal:


And here is the World Animal Lunch I made:


First I added some lettuce and my rice bear. The bear is made with rice and colored with soy sauce. I mixed about 1/2 cup of cooked rice with soy sauce until I was happy with the color. I added the rice to a piece of plastic wrap and shaped the head. I added thinly cut julienne style cucumbers with a tiny amount of salt and then folded them into the middle of the head of the bear. Then I made two small rice balls for the ears and added some white rice for his snout and also cheese and nori details to make his ears and face :)

I love the this tutorial from Moriazu on how to make a shaped onigiri! 

After that I added the details: straw-bear-ries, Italian cookies, Enjoy Life Chewy On-The-Go Bars Cocoa Loco -- 5 Bars, pretzels to make a fence and cheese flower to go with my soy sauce flavored bear. 



I hope you enjoyed my Bear Bento
 and now please click on the blog hop button to see what animal Obento Momma picked!



Happy World Animal Day!
and
This is also my 100th post! 
Thank you for all your support!



Things I used to make this lunch:







33 comments:

  1. So cute! And congrats on post 100!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love him, love him, love him. Your bear makes me smile! I also love the cheese flowers :) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, love ur bear!! N the final box looks awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously. Love this bear!!! and Happy 100th post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS on your 100th post!!!

    Now for the bears... Nina, this is so beautiful. You are so very talented!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna cuddle with that bear! Is that weird? I don't care cuz its so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so super cute, and sounds delicious! Congrats on your 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bear is ridiculously cute! It came out perfectly!!!! And congrats on #100!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. everything looks amazing! That bear is un-bear-ably adorable

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bear just makes me smile! He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bear is so cute, makes me wish my kiddo would eat rice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bear is so cute, I don't know if I could eat it! LOL! Congratulations on your 100th post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love! Congrats on your 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That bear is so cute! Love all the details! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beaaary cute!!! and congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to eat that bear right up! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet bear! I love his smile!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So stinkin' cute & Happy 100!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute rice bear. He turned out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your lunch turned out so amazingly cute! I love the bear.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your bear!! It's soo soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE everything about this lunch!! ESP that sweet bear that makes me grin from ear to ear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for linking up to PIN MEme...even though I had already pinned this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your bear!! It's incredibly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations! This was picked as Bento of the Week at Bento Blog Network. It has been pinned in the Featured at BBN board at Pinterest, Tweeted, and Recommended on G+. Please grab a featured button off the sidebar. Thanks for sharing this awesome bento!

    ReplyDelete

 

Search This Site

Design Credits

Blog designed by Custom Blog Designs using Flergs' Inspired Memories Kit, Fonts courtesy of Kevin & Amanda.
I get the cutest handwriting fonts at Fonts for Peas! kevinandamanda.com/fonts